- Sided Printing: Single
- Print Method: Dye-sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi
- Print Speed: 24 seconds per card / 150 cards per hour (YMCKO)
- Accepted Card Sizes:
- CR-79 Adhesive Back
- ENERGY STAR Certified Product: Available on non-lamination configurations which provides organizations with a high-performance, energy-efficient photo ID printing solution that supports corporate green initiatives and helps reduce costs.
As part of its new ENERGY STAR rating, the default time for sleep mode has been lowered from two hours to five minutes, and printer design enhancements reduce the power consumption when in standby or sleep mode. Additionally, the ENERGY STAR FARGO DTC4500 is turned on and off using the power button versus plugging in the power cable.
- Field-Upgradeable Printer Options:
- Single Wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for in-line printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS and contact smart card encoding)
- Ethernet with Internal Print Server – Standard Feature
- Dual-Input Card Hopper (200 cards) – Standard Feature
- Same-Side Input/Output Card Hopper – Upgradable
- Card Lamination Module: single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous) – Upgradable
- Smart Card Encoding (contact/contactless) – Upgradable
- Magnetic Stripe Encoding – Upgradable